Creative Europe is the European Commission’s framework programme for support to the culture and audiovisual sectors.
Creative Europe’s stated aims are to:
- Help the cultural and creative sectors seize the opportunities of the digital age and globalisation;
- Enable the sectors to reach their economic potential, contributing to sustainable growth, jobs, and social cohesion;
- Give Europe’s culture and media sectors access to new international opportunities, markets, and audiences.
What does it support?
- Cross-border cooperation projects between cultural and creative organisations within the EU and beyond.
- Networks helping the cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and to strengthen their competitiveness.
- Translation and promotion of literary works across EU markets.
- Platforms of cultural operators promoting emerging artists and stimulating a truly European programming of cultural and artistic works. Capacity building and professional training for audiovisual professionals.
- Development of fiction, animations, creative documentaries and video games for European cinema, television markets and other platforms.
- Distribution and sales of audiovisual works in and outside Europe.
- Film festivals that promote European films.
- Funds for the international co-production of films.
- Audience development to foster film literacy and to raise interest in Europe’s films through a wide range of events.